Monday, September 15, 2008


Touch - Albany Primary SpeedStars

Yesterday was our 7th Wedding Anniversary. I am blessed with a good 7 years of blissfull marriage. It is not a bed of roses but I have much to be thankfull for. The most wonderfull wife aka companion aka best friend aka soul mate aka manager aka mommy to the kids aka phd student aka spokesman of the family aka ustazah for the family aka much more. Alhamdulillah...
Today was the SpeedStars first game after 2 practices. We arrived at the Northcross Intermediate School field at 3.40pm. Ashraf was all so enthusiastic to play the game. He has been asking me when would the game start, weeks ago. The field was full of kids from various schools. All the different colours of their uniforms. Jo (the coach) was busy giving final briefing before the games began. I showed Ashraf "two thumbs up" and he smiled with confidence in his eyes. Thats my boy! A dad's proudest moment. I remebered 6 years ago when I held him in my arms the moment he came to this world. He was already eager to explore the world, his eyes wide open, curiously looking at me and around the delivery room. He is one very active chap, one very adventurous soul, who knows how to be the centre of attention. Back to the rugby field. Ashraf was one hell of a runner. He gave so many trys. Putting the opponent, (by the way the opponents are year 2 students and the SpeedStars are year 1 students with only 2 sessions of practice) hot on their feet. Their opponents definitely had the experience and strategies, but the little SpeedStars have courage and swift. Ashraf was awarded "Player of the Day" along with his mate Jesse. Here's some pics of them. Am one proud dad a spendid 7th Anniversary gift for me.























No comments: