Monday, September 08, 2008

Lacto-ovo Vegetarian

Seventh day of Ramadhan today. I progressed slowly towards completing another chapter of my thesis. I aim to complete Chapters 2 & 3 by end of next week. Ya Allah, give me perseverance and clear mind.

In between writing and searching for materials for Chapter 2, I recalled that my wife has a plan to send Humaira and Danial to Kindercare Learning Centre, http://www.kindercare.co.nz/. I composed an email which was eventually sent to their head office, enquiry about the vegetarian menu they provide to children under their care. Less than an hour after I sent the email, I received the following reply:

"Yes, Kindercare Learning Centres serves a lacto-ovo vegetarian menu to the children we care for. The children receive mid morning and mid afternoon snacks and a cooked midday meal - all of which are vegetarian, including dairy products and egg."

According to wikipedia:

"A lacto-ovo-vegetarian is a vegetarian who does not eat beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish or animal flesh of any kind, but is willing to consume dairy and egg products."

I told my wife that this would be a suitable place to send our children as we will not have to worry about the food they are providing (i.e. non-halal). Hoping that they've got vacancies this October. Meanwhile here's some snap shots of Ashraf's first touch rugby practice.



No comments: